Jun 21, 2024  
2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog 
2017-2018 Undergraduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Shaw University Adult Degree Program (CAPE)

At Shaw University, busy adults, working professionals, veterans, and transfer students can advance their careers, gain skills necessary to change jobs, or vastly enrich their personal lives through part-time or full-time evening studies. The Shaw University CAPE program offers undergraduate (B.A. and B.S.) degree completion programs designed to meet the unique needs of adult learners.  With nine Shaw University CAPE campuses located across North Carolina, you can attend classes and complete your degree at a convenient location near you.

1. Ahoskie                           4.  Greenville                     7. Raleigh  

2. Durham                           5. High Point                     8. Rocky Mount 

3. Fayetteville                      6. Kannapolis                    9. Wilmington


North Carolina Community College graduates who have earned an Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree can transfer all A.A. or A.S. credits to Shaw University, which will meet the University’s general education requirements. Shaw will accept up to seventy (70) credits from specified A.A.S. programs for completed courses with a final course grade of “C” or better.

The Shaw University CAPE program provides classroom and distance learning options at times that are convenient for busy adults who are seeking to begin or complete a degree. Shaw University professors who understand adult student motivation combine theory and research with practical experience to facilitate learning outcomes in the classroom, online, and in the field. Dedicated academic resources are available throughout the year to provide assistance and support at times that are convenient for adult students. 

CAPE students are admitted to the university via the main campus Admissions Office. All applications for admission must be completed online.  Transfer students must submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended.  Applicants with no college experience must submit an official high transcript or GED certificate for evaluation. Applicants may not register for or attend classes until they have been officially admitted to the University.